by Kathryn Martinez
absolutely fabulous and fun fall activity to do with the kids. Its also makes a
neat home ec project or a tactile lesson when teaching the younger ones shapes
and sizes. Use sugar-free gelatin and alternative candies and you can make a
low-calorie, low-sugar treat that is still big-time fun!
¼ cup butter or margarine
1 package (10 ½ oz.) miniature marshmallows (6 cups)
1 package (4-serving size) orange gelatin
12 cups popped popcorn
1 cup candy corn candies
1. Microwave butter and marshmallows in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH for 1
½ to 2 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed. (As an alternative, you can
use the stove top as long as there is close supervision!)
2. Stir in gelatin until well mixed.
3. Pour marshmallow mixture over popped popcorn and candy corns in a large bowl.
4. Mix lightly until well coated.
5. Shape into about 15 balls, or other shapes, with greased/buttered hands.
6. If not serving immediately, wrap each ball individually in plastic wrap after
they have completely cooled.
* * *
Submitted by Kathryn Martinez,
editor of Easy Fun School